Four weeks to the Nationals!

Sailing chat

Four weeks to the Nationals!

Postby Yvonne-Pike » May 29th, 2021, 3:05 pm

It's just four weeks to go until our Nationals are held at Weymouth on June 26-28th.

Team Shanklin currently has just four boats entered, and we know we can do much better than that with the location just along the coast from us!

Reasons to go:
Chance to sail at an Olympic venue with top class facilities.
Chance to meet fellow Sprint 15 sailors from around the country, especially with the Pro-Am challenge pairing us up with our opposite number (e.g. first-placed person paired with last place etc).
Whether you're at the front, the middle or the back of the fleet there's lots of sailors with similar ability enjoying the racing.
Chance to chat with Windsport for tips and training guidance.

Not sure how to get there? Just ask and we'll ensure we get your boat there!

The last "newbie" to enter the Nationals from Shanklin was me...and that was Thorpe Bay in 2017. I came last out of 60+ boats but the experience of several races over one weekend really helped improve my overall sailing.

Click on the link below to get some more info, or speak to anyone at the club who's already going, :idea: and sign up! You'll be glad you did :D

https://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=212
Yvonne-Pike

Re: Four weeks to the Nationals!

Postby Dreadnought » June 6th, 2021, 6:44 pm

The Early Bird entries close on the 11th June.

The training on the day before has been reduced to £55. Worth every penny.
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Return to Chat