Ventnor Races Sunday 20th June

Sailing chat

Ventnor Races Sunday 20th June

Postby Yvonne-Pike » June 19th, 2021, 4:13 pm

The weather gods are currently looking favourably on our annual race day to Ventnor tomorrow (Sunday 20th). A steady F3-4 SW is forecast. Please note the following for the three races which will be a little different to previous years due to us not being able to use the Spyglass (Covid):

The first race will begin at our normal Sunday start time (i.e. 10am) and usual start line, and the finish will be between myself with flag on the Ventnor Haven seawall and the post. Once you've heard the horn, immediately head to port and then line yourself up with Alma Road (towards the far end of the Bay) to avoid the rocks, and land on the beach. We will then lay a course for the second race in the Bay.

Following the conclusion of Race 2 there will be a presentation on the beach by Ventnor SC. Unfortunately this year we are unable to use the Spyglass Inn due to concerns with numbers/Covid etc so please :!: BRING YOUR OWN SNACKS AND DRINK :!: Following the presentation the third race will be back to Shanklin and the usual finish line (i.e. outer buoy to starboard).

:!: For the purposes of the Ventnor races there is a change to the sailing instructions: a boat receivig outside help shall be allowed to continue racing and shall not be penalised for receiving that help. This replaces RRS rule 41.

All three races are Cup races, and also incudes a "first novice" cup which requires a lot of space on your mantelpiece :D

:ugeek: There will be a briefing at 9am to run through the course etc.

See you tomorrow :D
Yvonne-Pike

Return to Chat