Weekend's Work

Sailing chat

Weekend's Work

Postby ChrisR » February 7th, 2010, 8:19 pm

There was a lot of work done at the Club today, Phil, Ian and John managed to get on with the Soffits, Erling, Geoff &Tina played with boats for a while, then with Phil D got on with the gardening.
Arthur played with the start lights)now you know how he gets good positions). I am making new plastic flags(don't ask).
And last but not least the most important job of all fell to Stuart he made the coffee.

We have moved all the boats from the Water Board Boat Park as they need to get in to do work. You can see the pictures here An empty boat park. I do hope that the boat at the back doesn't want to go out for a sail. It was quite difficult moving the boats as a number had flat tires.
ChrisR

Re: Weekend's Work

Postby Dreadnought » February 8th, 2010, 11:40 am

Glad to see you haven't put my frigate quite at the back.

Any idea when we can use the other half again?
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby ChrisR » February 8th, 2010, 2:50 pm

You would have to ask Erling, mind you I don't think he has managed to work out the forum yet :)
ChrisR

Postby Dreadnought » February 8th, 2010, 3:55 pm

ChrisR wrote:You would have to ask Erling, mind you I don't think he has managed to work out the forum yet :)

No hurry. It looks like Easterlies with snow all week.
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby ChrisR » February 14th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Lots of work done again this weekend.
The gardening by Monty Phil Davis and Alan Titmarsh Holmberg is coming along well, ably assisted by Geoff the box builder.
Phil, John and Bob the Builder Bolton continued with the Club house.
The boats are back in the water board boat park. I have measured up for the new racks for any new small boats.
Keith has continued with the light and flag system.
Racing starts in about 4 weeks, I am sure we will hear from the Rear Commodore soon about the Fitting out Supper.
Chris :mrgreen:
ChrisR

Re: Weekend's Work even on Saturday

Postby ChrisR » February 27th, 2010, 2:02 pm

Work is being done even on Saturday, Percy Throwup (Erling) has been gardening, John and Phil have been at the Start Hut again, I have added some more pictures.http://www.shanklinsailingclub.com/gallery.php?gallery=42.
The competition this week is to spot Keith's deliberate mistake in picture 5, which he was trying to cover up today.
Geoff was down fixing an attachment on to the side of his rowing boat to help him catch some fish.
ChrisR

Return to Chat