Silverwing Sailing Club

Sailing chat

Silverwing Sailing Club

Postby SilverwingSc » March 31st, 2011, 4:34 pm

Hello to Shanklin Sailing Club

Having read your history page, and the mention of our sailing club, i asked some of our older and not so old members, who remember the event in Entereprises and sailing over to the island and return event at Silverwing, we still sail enterprises, although a return match may prove difficult with your catamarans, not quite enough room at Silverwing.
We have a small cadet fleet with a number of club Picos, maybe our cadets should get together and restart the event?.....who was the last winner i wonder

Good sailing
Mike Webb
Silverwing Sailing Club
SilverwingSc

Re: Silverwing Sailing Club

Postby Erling H » April 2nd, 2011, 7:16 pm

Hi Mike
When your club came to us we used our boats and used yours in the return visit. I have a bit of video of us at your club in the sixty's, also we liked your club house so much our club is a copy of the building you had at that time. The main family's we raced against was the Jackson family, I think this was dad and his three son's and the Bennett's, we had a good time over the years and it only stopped when we changed class.
Regards Erling
Erling H

Postby Dreadnought » April 2nd, 2011, 7:27 pm

Gratuitous apostrophe abuse has been noted for later. :o
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby SilverwingSc » April 4th, 2011, 9:11 am

Thanks for the reply

The three Jackson brothers still sail Enterprises, Roger Bennett is the current commodore, his father sails a Solo. Still the same clubhouse with an extension.

If you have the footage in some email form would be most welcome

Cheers
Mike Webb
Silverwing SC
SilverwingSc

Return to Chat