Boat Sheds

Sailing chat

Boat Sheds

Postby john.shenton » January 15th, 2020, 10:56 pm

:) We have all the materials and good weather this weekend to start replacing the rotten wooden sides with Box profile plastic coated sheets, these have been cut to size. The work entails removing sections of gates, taking off the existing panels and cutting off 35mm from the existing posts using a circular saw and installing horizontal bearers between each post to support the roof properly and attach the steel sheets. Then replacing the gate sections.

If you have a chop saw, portable circular saw for the post width reduction, please bring it along, the bearers will be glued and screwed to the posts. Battery operated drills, would help, butane torches to help with the gate rusty bolts. Hope you can help.....
john.shenton

Re: Boat Sheds

Postby Andrew Jefferies » January 16th, 2020, 8:33 am

I have all those tools and some other useful bits too. I don’t have the gas torch thing (Judge said I wasn’t allowed that anymore ...)

I’m free Sunday

Andy
There's a World going on outside the World I'm livin' in
Andrew Jefferies

Re: Boat Sheds

Postby Andrew Jefferies » January 16th, 2020, 2:07 pm

Just realised I took the battery circular saw back to Essex. Still have the chop saw, impact gun and battery drill, etc.

Andy
There's a World going on outside the World I'm livin' in
Andrew Jefferies

Return to Chat