Bang & Go Back - Who was sailing what?

Sailing chat

Bang & Go Back - Who was sailing what?

Postby mckenna789 » July 17th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Looking at the results and photos (from a very tropical France (15deg and 30knts) and aching like I cant remember after 3 hours being smashsed in the surf of brittany) I am struggling to comprehend the results!!!!

Simon got a new life jacket? Has Keith got a new hair doo and shade of colour - or has everyone swapped boats and why is Paul not practising with my stuff or has he already decided that it is all rubbish and that he is better off staying put?

Sean - Searching for a touch of inspiration from France amongst looking at laser bugs on youtube. God knows what they are saying on TV but Brigitte is happy to stare at if for hours!!!!!!
The small child in the picture was the 2016 & 2017 Sprint 15 National Champion!!!
mckenna789

Re: Bang & Go Back - Who was sailing what?

Postby Dreadnought » July 18th, 2011, 8:45 am

All people sailing usual craft but they are harder to distinguish when up-side down.

Basically we was robbed. Stuart's tactics of capsizing then sailing slowly paid dividends when the second race was curtailed early. All he had to do on the return leg was overtake Mark and with Christine going to the aid of the stricken Paul, the cup was Stuart's.

Meanwhile Paul was nearly run over by several thousand tons of Border Agency complete with four inch cannons.
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby Tina » July 18th, 2011, 11:33 am

1.1 Helping those in danger. (I have been reading up on my rules!) .. or in my case, simply keeping company.

I thought the incoming Border Agency towards Paul was some form of danger. They would spot a brightly coloured sail far better than they would an upside down boat. This was on the assumption that I too did not capsize, not that would have been a problem with 3 safety boats soon surrounding Paul.
Tina

Postby dart1813 » July 18th, 2011, 7:50 pm

What a great race it had everthing in it after my capsize I looked forward and the front runners were getting further and further away so I decided to slow down and hold my position after the gun it was just a case of overtaking the two boats now in front of me so it doesent always pay to go as fast as you can
then to end the race we only needed the air sea rescue to have a full house as we had 1 gun boat 1 inshore rescue 1 gun boat boarding craft 1 shanklin sailing club rescue boat what have I missed for the last 4 Sundays
Stuart
dart1813

Postby art k » July 19th, 2011, 10:40 am

never mind the last 4 Sundays,,, one or two """commas""" in your letter would have been nice,,, now do we know that you sailed it right (the race that is!!!),,, we only have your word on that,,, I noticed that Frank had gone before you stated your case,,,... I think that if that's the way the racing is going now,,, well,,,,I'll give tuesday afternoon a miss,,, just in case your'''e there,,,... from a very distressed participator........,,,,,..... ps,,, thanks for the ferry ticket....(MATE)
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall.

Art K (Best before 15-11-2010)
art k

Postby mckenna789 » July 19th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Wow! Sounds like the race of the century. Strangely I like a bit of carnage so a shame to have missed it. Well done Stu. If they can't work out the correct strategy........... Or should that be ,,,,,,,,,,,, :D
The small child in the picture was the 2016 & 2017 Sprint 15 National Champion!!!
mckenna789

Postby art k » July 20th, 2011, 7:52 am

Well,,, I never thought I'd see the day when sailing would turn into another version of the Eurovision Song Contest. The French have voted in favour of that Pierce fellow,,,,, is there no end to his scheming..........'''#
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall.

Art K (Best before 15-11-2010)
art k

Postby Dreadnought » July 20th, 2011, 10:23 am

In a normal year, the ducks would have been awarded.
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby Dreadnought » July 20th, 2011, 3:23 pm

I think we should have a third race going in reverse. Everybody should start from their finishing position of the second race, so I am in the lead and Paul is capsized.
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Postby 195E » July 20th, 2011, 5:52 pm

I don't know, Erling and I leave you on your own for one race and look what happens. Mayhem!
195E

Return to Chat