Boat Sheds - Call for Help this weekend

Sailing chat

Boat Sheds - Call for Help this weekend

Postby john.shenton » March 5th, 2020, 9:04 am

There is a weather window this weekend, Saturday and Sunday to enable us to replace the Roof.

On Friday afternoon I will jack up the right hand roof which is resting on the roof that needs to be replaced in readiness on Saturday to take off the existing felt and damaged plywood sheets. We then need to install addition supports for the new boards along the edge nearest the fence.

Install the new the four 8 x 4 foot sheets, which have been bitumen painted and then use the burner to roll on the new felt. We need chop saws, battery impact drivers ( Phil has lent me his), gloves etc. We have all the materials and the felt burner at the club.

If you can help Saturday am or pm, please reply to this post, the Sunday work will need less help to avoid Liams training. It will be tidying up the edges of the felt and installing the second door.

Many thanks

John
john.shenton

Re: Boat Sheds - Call for Help this weekend

Postby Dreadnought » March 5th, 2020, 1:40 pm

I was intending on sailing at Brading Haven on Sunday but it isn't looking much better than last week on Sunday.

And I don't see we can get the buoys out with the unsettled weather continuing.

So let's focus on getting the safety boats and their houses done.
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Re: Boat Sheds - Call for Help this weekend

Postby Andrew Jefferies » March 5th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Sorry I can’t help this time John, I’ll still be on the mainland.
There's a World going on outside the World I'm livin' in
Andrew Jefferies

Re: Boat Sheds - Thanks to a great team

Postby john.shenton » March 8th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Just to record my thanks to Alan and Mark on Friday, we jacked up the adjacent shed and removed the old roof ready for the weekend. On Saturday Craig, Nick, Kevin and Bob installed the new panels and Bob showed his expertise on using the Calor Burner to the Torch felt without any of us being burn't!

Sunday Craig, Ian and Mark installed the second door complete with, lots of advice from Andrew and the Teams were looked after with copious drinks by Mary and Sue at the weekend. Thanks to Les for the loan of "nibbler" for cutting the box section sheet steel.

A great achievement by the Team, many thanks for your efforts in completing the work.

John
john.shenton

Return to Chat