Weymouth Harbour - Olympics

Sailing chat

Weymouth Harbour - Olympics

Postby Dreadnought » July 6th, 2012, 11:32 am

3rd July 2012
Gearing up for the Games

Here in Dorset, the venue for the Olympic sailing events, there is real excitement as the last of the preparations are completed. Olympic banners are appearing, several of the sailing teams are in town and the numerous entertainment events are being advertised. In Weymouth Harbour there promises to be a good mixture of boats and we are looking forward to hosting the many visiting yachtsmen and women for what promises to be a memorable and unique experience.

We still have some berths vacant on selected days and for particular lengths of boats. I would like to show my appreciation to our previous visitors and also for those who have already made a booking who might like to extend by a night or two. If you book between the 4th and 20th July, berths alongside during the Olympic period are on offer at £10/metre/night for all vessels, irrespective of length. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis so please book early to avoid disappointment.

I would also like to remind you that alternatively there is an un-serviced anchorage (no water taxi) in Weymouth Bay at a cost of £5/metre/night, at least a 50% saving on the original charges. I would like to stress the following requirements for the use of the anchorage:

• Vessel to have a holding tank.
• Vessels over 15m should have a person on board at all times.
• Tenders should be at least 2.8m and have an engine of at least 4hp. A VHF radio is to be carried at all times and navigation lights for operations from sunset to sunrise.

Bookings can be made via the Weymouth Harbour Website at the following link:

http://harbour.weymouth.gov.uk/London2012/

Payment is required on booking to secure the berth. Either contact Stewart Smith on 01305 838423 during working hours, leave a message for him to call back or he will use your contact details to seek payment and to discuss availability.
Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows him?
Dreadnought
Site Admin

Return to Chat