Cowes Week Junior Art Contest

Sailing chat

Cowes Week Junior Art Contest

Postby mckenna789 » September 5th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Belatedly I noticed the below news in the news section. I don't read it often!!!! In case you are like me and see the forum more regularly than the news I thought I would bring it to your attention. Thank you William and very well done. You're enthusiasm for sailing has not gone unnoticed and you clearly have a talent for art. Donating your prize fund to the club is hugely appreciated. The news post is below

William Morris, one of our junior members. has just been awarded the runner up prize in the Aberdeen Cowes Week Junior Art Contest.

His art work will be on display at the Nel Blu Gallery for the duration of Cowes Week.

Our sailing club gets £500.

Well done to William.

I am donating the money to shanklin to get something with it like a few buoyancy aids and wet suits so people can come along or maybe a little try out sailing day ... like a fundraising day to get more people into sailing and make a bigger club

From William
The small child in the picture was the 2016 & 2017 Sprint 15 National Champion!!!
mckenna789

Return to Chat