As I’m sure you will be aware, the national situation with the Coronavirus pandemic is changing daily and in line with our recent communication we promised to keep you up to date with how this impacts on sailing and access to the clubhouse. The committee have looked at current guidance from the RYA and Government and unanimously decided that;
- • The clubhouse remains closed and club racing is now suspended until 1/6/20
• Current national restrictions prevent individuals sailing until at least Thursday 7th May. If Government guidelines change then members can access the boat yard in the same way as previously described.
• Individual sailing needs to adhere to government guidelines and as always is at individuals own risk.
• The committee will continue to keep members informed of any changes to sailing and club access through email and the club website.
• The Shanklin Sprint 15 TT event scheduled for June 6th/7th has been cancelled.
• FYI information the IOW Dinghy Championships scheduled for June 20/21 has been cancelled.
Please be reassured that the committee will do everything we can to safeguard and support our Club and its members during this unprecedented situation. The committee will be reviewing the situation as it develops and will communicate with you the next steps by the end of the month.
We wish you all and your families the best of health at this unprecedented time and hope that life at the Club and in general can return to normal in the not too distant future.
Shanklin Sailing Club Committee