Message to members
As we approach the end of what has been a very different and difficult sailing season the Covid Committee wishes to update members on end of season arrangements:
- Unfortunately, due to current pandemic restrictions the formal Laying-up Dinner & Presentation evening planned at the Brunswick Hotel has been cancelled. We know members will be disappointed but are sure you can understand why this is necessary. Hopefully we can hold a Fitting Out Dinner next year.
- The AGM is planned to take place 10.30am Sunday 22nd November. AGM’s can take place with more than 6 people in person as they are classified as essential for organisations to operate. As the clubhouse is not large enough to allow appropriate social distancing the Regency suite (Palmerston Room) at the Shanklin Conservative club has been booked. Staff at the club will ensure appropriate sanitising and distancing is maintained. The event will also be available through an internet link, (probably Teams/Zoom), enabling members to attend virtually if they wish. Details and agenda will be sent out towards the end of October.
- Could Trophy/Cup Winners from last year polish and return their trophies to Keith at the club on Sunday 11th October or to a flag officer as soon as possible so that engraving and redistribution may take place.
- The Clubhouse door lock failed a few weeks ago and the lock barrel has been replaced. New keys will be distributed next season, as the Clubhouse remains closed at present.
- Details will be circulated about working parties needed over the winter and how this can take place within the six-person rule limit and social distancing. We hope to be able to offer tea and coffee on these days and possibly even a bacon butty! Again details will follow.
The Committee would like to thank members for their understanding and patience this season. At all times we have ensured membership safety is paramount but enabled the maximum sailing possible to take place.
With thanks and best wishes
Shanklin Sailing Club Covid Committee